Genius ways to banish ugliness from your backyard with these outdoor garbage can cover up ideas. No one wants to look at bare wheelie bins or trash cans, the solution is to hide them behind an enclosure or in a storage shed.
These will also help to keep animals from getting into your garbage. There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning to find your trash and rubbish scattered everywhere it’s such a mess.
A complete nightmare to clean it all up.
The worst culprits depending on where you live are domestic cats, raccoons or neighborhood dogs. Thwart their efforts but safely storing your garbage in a sturdy trash can shed.
Hide Garbage Can Shed Idea
This is a nice sturdy wheelie bin storage shed with plenty of space for two bins.
A nice addition here is the ramp at the front of the enclosure that helps to wheel the bins in and out easily.
Wheelie Bin Cover Up Idea
Here is a practical solution to storing ugly trash bins, plenty of room for two bins. With the top lid you can easily access the bins for daily trash disposal.
One advantage to wood is you can easily stain it, with the right color stain an enclosure like this can seem to “disappear” by some kind of optical illusion.
Roomy Wooden Trash Can Storage
Plenty of room here for all your family trash bin needs.
Keeps your unattractive bins nicely covered up and safe from animals.
White Outdoor Garbage Can Enclosure Shed
This usefully sized shed can take all your trash bins and other tools and pieces of equipment you need for your yard.
If this color is not for you, it does come in a darker grey.
Trash Can Hideaway Idea
Smart plastic storage shed with lock, a practical trash can storage solution.
DIY Garbage Can Enclosure Fencing Project
A simple and easy to achieve project shared with us by a fun couple. The end result is great.
Trellis to Hide Garbage Cans
Here is a great project to tackle. It has been designed so a person inexperienced in DIY could easily tackle it.
The end result can be achieved by using simple tools. Note you don’t NEED all the power tools, it helps but it’s not 100% necessary.
Build a Simple Enclosure
Simple way to make a nice-looking screen to cover the trash bins.
Plants to Hide Garbage Cans
Here a useful storage shed is topped with a planter for decorative plants or vegetables.
Budget Friendly Build of an Outdoor Trash Can Shed from Pallets
An outdoor trash can storage shed is essential if you live in an area with lots of wildlife.
This video shows you how to construct a small shed that is perfect for storing all your bins outdoors.
It uses pallet wood, so it’s a very budget-friendly option if you can get cheap or free pallets.
How to Build a Garbage Can Shed
If you are the practical sort and enjoy a touch of woodworking. Here is a great video that shows you how to make a DIY garbage can shed.
This is a great way to make a trash barrel storage shed that is perfectly suited to your own personal needs.
Here are my Top 5 tips for Making Ugly Garbage Cans Seem to Disappear.
- Work with your fence and the layout of your property. If you already have a decent fence surrounding your yard, almost half the job has been done! Extend the fence out using either trellis or more fencing panels to make a 4 sided enclosure.
- Use panels of lattice to hide garbage cans. Either buy the plain lattice or consider the sort of trellis that has artificial plant material woven into within it.
- Use existing plants, trees, or hedges to hide ugly trash cans behind.
- Convert an existing shed into a garbage can storage area. This has the added advantage of making your trash animal proof.
- Paint wooden enclosures or sheds in a dark colors, as this will make them move into the background, becoming less obvious.
If you fed up with looking at ugly trash can in your yard. I hope the information collected here has been useful to you.
I’m sure you can see that there are many solutions to covering up ugliness the backyard.
Recommended Further Information on Home Trash Organization
- Guide to the Different Types of Trash Cans for Kitchens
- Practical Kitchen Recycling Storage Solutions all Homes Need
- My Yard is a Mess! Where do I Start?
- Raccoon Proof Trash Can Straps Top Solution to Stop the Mess
- Best Car Trash Bag Ideas to Keep Your Car Garbage Free
- What to do with Household Waste: Tips and Ideas
- Best Worm Composting Bin Ideas for Beginners