You’ve been putting off cleaning your bedroom for a while now, and it shows. It’s time to get this room back in shape!
Cleaning can be hard work, but we have some tips that will make the process easier for you. We know how tough it is to clean up after yourself sometimes, so we want to help you out by showing you what works best when tackling your messiest rooms.
Let us show you how deep cleaning your messy bedroom doesn’t have to be as difficult as it seems!
With these simple steps and tricks, anyone can learn how to spring clean any messy bedroom.
Bedroom Deep Clean Checklist
Here’s a quick checklist and some expert tips to help you get started.
- Clean the ceiling fan, dust off the blades and motor casing with a microfiber cloth.
- Using your vacuum cleaner extension extention, get into all the corners and edges of the room. Start from the ceiling down.
- Dust all wooden furniture, bring a shine to real wood by using wax and buffing with a microfiber cloth. Or use a soft cloth and furniture polish on all bedroom furniture.
- Dust lamps and bulbs. Be careful to not get cleaner on light bulbs. It’ll make them burn out more quickly.
- Remove curtains and wash according to instructions. If you have blinds or shutters, dust/wash with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum floor. If you have a steam cleaner, steam clean the carpets.
- If you have hardwood or tile flooring, sweep then mop the floors.
- Change your linens. Spring is the perfect time to put on light colored linens. Replace the flannel with a lightweight cotton. Change the bedspread to a lighter, more spring like color or texture.
- This is a great opportunity to flip or turn your mattress. Also, while the mattress is uncovered, thoroughly vacuum your mattress.
- Clean under your bed. Move it and vacuum underneath it, too.
- Clean your windows and mirrors.
- Open your windows and clean the tracks.
- Using your vacuum cleaner attachment, vacuum heating vents/radiators.
- With a clean damp cloth and a bucket of soapy water, wash any marks off of your walls.
- Clean out and declutter your drawers/closet. Using the four container method, clean out your closet. This is a quick process if you do it twice a year. The four container method is: Keep, sell, donate, trash. If you haven’t worn something in a year or more, it needs to go.
- Dust your shoes if they’re not tucked away in dust free storage containers.
Cleaning Tips to Help you Achieve your Goals
My top tip for any kind of deep cleaning is to make sure you don’t become overwhelmed. It is easy to underestimate the time you need to complete the tasks.
To avoid feelings of despair and overwhelm, set yourself allocated times. For example, 20 minutes every day after work for a week. Or 2 hours every Sunday until it’s done.
- Group like tasks. For example, when you’re dusting, dust everything. When vacuuming, vacuum everything from ceiling to floor.
- Clean your closet last.
- Make it fun. Listen to music. Open the curtains and/or windows to let the light and fresh air in. Reward yourself for a job well done.
- Set a time limit. Give yourself an hour to accomplish your bedroom spring cleaning.
- Gather your tools and cleaning products in advance. This saves you time.
- Ask for help from other family members.
A Tidy Well Organized Bedroom is Achievable
Cleaning your bedroom is hard. A messy bedroom has a negative impact on your life, but it’s so easy to let things slide when you’re tired.
You tell yourself that tomorrow will be better, and before you know it, you have an even bigger mess on your hands.
I hope this guide will help you clean, tidy, and declutter your bedroom quickly and without stress.
Further Reading on Bedroom Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning Your Bedroom Checklist
- Top Tips for a Bedroom Deep Clean
- Step-by-Step Bedroom Cleaning